Tuesday, April 10, 2007

In My Father's House

In one of my writing groups, we used to throw out prompts and then we had to post something within five minutes, less than 250 words, just letting our minds go and writing what came to mind regardless of whether it made much sense or not.

I'd love to hear what you come up. Come on, give me your five minute version.

The prompt is "in my father's house". Here's what I came up with.

In my father's house resides a mystical aura, one which enshrouds each visitor, changing forever, that which they believe. Those who would enter are enchanted with the sunset seen through the tower window. Prisms of light shine through its gleaming glass, making the crystal statues come alive. The eyes of the unicorn gleam brightly, as if knowing the secret -- the secret of the house. The wizard speaks, but there is no dialogue. His mouth sparks in the glowing sunset, and the stranger who partakes of this phenomenon hears his words. As the sun descends, a darkness falls, bringing a silence that is louder than the death blow of a hammer. And with great difficulty, the visitor descends the stairs, changed forever.

No comments: