Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Call from an Old Friend...

brightened my day, today! I used to live in Maryland and I met my girlfriend, Doris when we worked together. She would come visit our apartment with her two kids and we'd spend days at the pool. We became the very best of friends the five years I was in the D.C. area. We have continued to keep in touch. Our families have met in Tennessee and spent some time together, we've gone to visit in West Virginia, and they have been here as well. Getting caught up on things via the telephone rather than just letters was so wonderful.

This has made me think about why I haven't called her. I have unlimited long distance, so there is no excuse! Sometimes I get so caught up in my day to day life, keeping commitments, working, writing, visiting family that I forget about the "sister" who has always been there for me.

Time to reprioritize!

No comments: