Friday, July 27, 2007

Day in This Author's Life

This morning I slept in until 8:30am. I felt I deserved it because I had such a productive day yesterday. Since I wrote double my planned goal of pages on my manuscript, I decided to spend the day pampering me.

After dressing, I ate a leisurely breakfast at Bob Evan's, before meeting with my sexy hairdresser. He's sooooo perfect. Not only does he do wonders for my hair, he also does wonders for my body. Who couldn't relax under his scalp and neck massage? Especially after drinking a glass of champagne, which he always has cooling for me. I hated to leave. The day only got better when he told me today was "on the house." Imagine!

Next I drove to the dealership to try that key I received in the mail. Imagine my sssurprise when it opened the door to that shiny red Corvette! Yes!! I'm now the proud owner of a brand new toy. Of course, I spent the rest of the day cruising and waving at everyone I saw.

Had dinner at my favorite steak house, Longhorn. One delicious steak, baked potato, and salad.

After stuffing myself, I came home, took a long leisurely bath while reading Dean Koontz's latest novel.

Now, I'm sitting here in my silk negligee writing this blog.


Actually, this morning at 3:15am, a horrendous thunderstorm disturbed me from my sleep. I tossed and turned for an hour until it subsided. Then the cat jumped on the bed beside me. I petted him and tried to go back to sleep. Didn't work. Finally at 4:45am, I got up, went to the couch and read a few pages of a new Steeple Hill Love Inspired Romantic Suspense.

Hubby walked out and commented on me being up so early. He took a drink of water, asked me to get him up at 6:45 and went back to bed.

I took a quick shower, ate a bowl of shredded wheat, and got ready for work. Woke up hubby.

Went to my day job, where I pounded the keyboard and made my eyes cross with a tedious data entry job. At lunch, I sat in my car and edited the first three chapters of my completed novel while another thunderstorm thrashed my car.

Finished the data entry job. Five minutes before clocking out of the day job, another thunderstorm rolled in. Yep, a heavy rain, dark sky, and after waiting five minutes with no let up, I ran to my car.

Drove home.

Plugged away on my latest manuscript completing four and a half pages while being interrupted several times by hubby.

Now, with swollen ankles from the heat and sitting so long, I'm typing this blasted blog before heading to bed. The bed I put fresh sheets on earlier.

**sigh** I miss that Corvette already.

1 comment:

Marty said...

You had me going there for a minute!