Monday, October 22, 2007

Better Than a Box of Chocolates!!

I admit it. I am a chocoholic! In March I gave up sweets to help bring my glucose count down. It has worked, and I really don't miss it too much. If I feel like I really need to have a bite of something sweet, I don't deny myself now, but I don't overdo it either.

See, I've found something better than a box of chocolates! It doesn't cost a thing and it brings a big smile to my face every single day. What is it?

It's the beauty in every single day! When I'm driving to work, I'm never at a loss to see something that makes me give thanks to God for his creations. It might be the sun shining through a cloudless sky, or a mound of clouds so big and fluffy, as if they are stepping stones to heaven. I love to see raindrops on leaves and petals of flowers. I adore the first snowfall of the year and being the first to make footprints in the pristine whiteness. But most of all, I love the kaleidoscope of colors that God paints when the leaves change in the fall! Today, driving home I couldn't stop smiling at the beauty surrounding me. Yes, definitely better than a box of chocolates!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: