Sunday, October 21, 2007

Writing What is Unseen

Our sermon in church today focused on II Corinthians 4:16-18. This message spoke to me in so many different ways. Our pastor asked us several questions. The most significant to me was "Am I more like Jesus than I was a year ago?" The answer is yes.

Faith is something which grows within us daily. Each struggle, each triumph, each new day brings us closer to knowing God's plan for us. I'm always asking myself if I truly have Jesus in my heart, or if I'm simply paying lip service. Sometimes it is hard to tell. But as I look on the times I turn to prayer throughout the day to ask God to place a healing hand on someone who is in pain, or ask Him to remove a burden which is worrisome to me, or thank Him for the many blessings in my life, including unanswered prayers, I know that He lives in my heart. I am blessed.

I've been asking God what direction He wants me to take with my writing. I have a passion to write. It is a hunger that gnaws at me. Yet, I don't know what direction or plan God has for me.

Today, during the sermon, God touched my heart. He told me through my Pastor that I should not be looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. God created us in His image. Each day that we spend as a servant to God brings us closer to being the person that He created us to be. What is inside me is where my words must come from. I know that only by trusting in God and writing from my heart will I fulfill His plan for me. My journey may take me up many hills and down many valleys, but it will be a journey worth taking.

Thank you for stopping by. May your day be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and a journey worth reading :]
And remember we must go through the valleys if we wish to stand upon the mountains.
Keep writing from the heart, like David, his words in the psalms are still being read today...eternal
with love and belief
Julie

Carol Ann said...

Thank you for your heartwarming and reaffirming words.