Thursday, June 12, 2008

Authors and Readers and Skunks and Racoons...

No, not all in one spot!!

Actually, Saturday I drove to West Chester (Cincinnati) Ohio and joined another 275 people at Lori Foster and Diane Castell's Reader and Writers Get Together. Talk about a lot of people! Had so much fun connecting with friends I rarely see and making new friends. It was exciting to meet some fellow authors from an on-line writing group...Sweeter Romantic Notions. There are so many names that I don't want to take a chance on missing someone that I won't include names in this post. I had fun chatting with the co-owner of The Wild Rose Press and several editors and fellow authors. Long day. And when it ended, I headed to Columbus for a graduation/birthday/going-away party for my grandson who is now in Texas and in the air force.

Sunday hubby and I headed to a local state park for a three day camping trip. Yep, that's where we smelled a skunk two nights in a row. And some rascally racoons managed to lift the side of our dry food container just enough to ruin two packages of buns and a bag of Doritos. Bummer on the Doritos!!

All in all it was a great weekend and a few days. Now it's back to work.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: