Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Economic Stimulus Plan--One Writer's Opinion

I'm really tired of looking at one more so-called economic stimulus plan. Come on, people. Remember, if it seems too good to be true...then it is too good to be true. Our government is already deeply in debt, just as the rest of most Americans are. Debt has become our downfall. I'm not a Republican, and I'm not a Democrat. I'm an American, who believes in working for what I want. I don't want anyone to hand it to me. But...if I have a loaf of bread and my neighbor is hungry...I will give half a loaf to my neighbor.

In my opinion it is time to get back to basics. Back to where we "cared" about our friends, our neighbors, our communities. When did we become so greedy? One of the ten commandments says we shouldn't covet our neighbor's house, wife, servant, ox, donkey or anything else that belongs to our neighbor. But then the devil dangled a credit card in our faces, and we learned that we didn't have to have funds to purchase what we wanted. We could have something bigger and better than our neighbors. Easy! We could charge it. Our country backed the idea and more and more Americans fell into the trap. The more we had, the more we craved. And the debt kept piling higher and higher. Eventually, it had to catch up with us...and now it has.

Why should we expect government to "bail us out?" If they do, that means the government goes even deeper into debt. So, are we expecting government to hand us our lives back on a silver platter while our country plunges deeper and deeper into the mire? How much more before it collapses?

Economic stimulus package - who pays for this ultimately? Aren't we just adding one more charge on our already overextended credit?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: