Friday, January 30, 2009

A Writer's Take on Sublimina Media

Have you ever listened to subliminal messages? I've been an interested follower for a few years. I first began listening to cassettes on my walkman when I was walking about five miles a day. I had several of them. The music was great to walk with and I did feel more energized and motivated. Eventually, I stopped using them when I fell off the exercise kick.

Once I purchased a self-hypnosis weight loss CD at the fair after watching an entertaining program where members of the audience went on stage and were hypnotized to do some funny stuff. I always fell asleep listening to it, and gave it up after a few weeks, though I could feel a difference in my thinking about dieting. Ugh, hate that word.

Last weekend I purchased Paul McKenna's book "I Can Make You Thin" and included was a self-hypnosis CD. I've been using it faithfully since last Saturday. It is working. I like it because I still can eat what I want, I just eat less. The subliminal messages must be working because I really eat about half what I used to. I guess I'll learn how effective after another week when I weigh myself.

But, here's the best CD I have ever purchased. I'm not sure if you'd call it subliminal messages, but it definitely works for me. It's called "Creative Mind System" by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson. There are two CDs in the set. These CDs were developed around the CREATIVE MIND PATTERN which is present in great artists, inventors, business visionaries, breakthrough thinksrs, advanced meditators, and other highly creative people. The music is soft and soothing and I have started using it when I write and also while I am at work. When I'm writing it helps to put me in that "dream state" which writers crave to live and create the world their characters live in. And at work, it keeps me calm and focused on my projects. I purchased mine through Writer's Digest, but you can learn more by clicking here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a relaxing and productive weekend!

No comments: