Friday, February 06, 2009

My Hubby Is Stepping On My Last Nerve

We purchased the shower enclosure tonight. It's the beginning of the end for me...end of patience, that is. I become a snarky witch at the first sign of remodeling.

So, yesterday, hubby tells me that he cracked the first floor tile trying to remove it. He knows how I get. I think he's trying to kill me off. Here's what he said:

"So after I busted the tile and realized we didn't have any left downstairs, I went to Lowe's to see if they still carried our style. They didn't. So I purchased some maroon ones. I think that will look nice along that row next to the shower."

Okay, so my blood pressure zipped from 110 over 70 to 220 over 100. I mean, after all we have this pretty tile with blue, gray and cream marble like texture. Maroon? One row!!! I said a few choice words which I won't repeat here. And then...he laughed! He actually had the nerve to laugh after nearly giving me "the big one."

Okay, so he was able to match the tiles. One hurdle down. I'm trying to psyche myself into staying calm during the storm. Then tonight he tells me that he's going to start tearing apart the bathroom this weekend! The tub comes out, the toilet comes out and the new shower enclosure goes in. But we will have no toilet upstairs, nor anyplace to shower for at least a week. When he says one week, I can count on at least two. At least we have a half bath downstairs, but even that will give me a pounding headache. He'll have to take out the ceiling tiles and saw through a floor joist to move the drain from the front of the "now tub" to the middle of the "new shower". **sigh**

And...to top things off, he'll have to cut a big hole in the wall of my office to access the pipe fixtures for the bathroom upstairs.

I'm trying to stay calm. I really am.



Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: