Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What to Do When You are Addicted to Email

I have for a couple of years been unable to write anything beyond this blog when I'm sitting at my home computer. Even when I've finished everything that needs to be done, emails, blogs, and research, I stare at a blank screen and cannot write a single word. It's been a mystery I've been unable to unravel...until now.

I realized the main reason is that I'm addicted to email. When I'm on my laptop, I have no problems at all writing. My laptop is not hooked to the internet. I use it strictly for writing on my lunch hours at work or when we are camping.

So, I've decided when I move my office downstairs, I'm going to set up two stations. One will be my big desk where I conduct all my business and the business aspects of writing. The other will be set up for writing. No internet. No email. Nothing but me and my laptop.

If any of you writers might be having a similar problem to mine, you might want to give it a try.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: