Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Digging Out the Newspaper

At 7am, I looked out the window to see where our newspaper might have landed. We have had over 20 inches of snow in the last two weeks. Yesterday we received nearly 10 inches, so everything is vivid white. Luckily, our newspaper was in an ORANGE plastic wrap. If not, I would never have found it. One tiny corner of the plastic showed in a deep drift near our flower garden.  I managed to rescue it, while standing in snow that reached nearly to my knees.

It is still snowing. I can see snow drifts and the roofs of our neighbors houses as I gaze out my lower level window. This is the worst storm we've had and the worst February. I haven't seen this much snow since living in the Chicago area.

I'm happy that I have a wonderful son-in-law who is going to come dig us out later today. Our county is under a Level 2 snow advisory which means you should stay at home if at all possible.

I guess it will be another day of putting something in the crockpot to make the kitchen smell good, while we hide away and wait for the storm to subside.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: