Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Follow My Horoscope---No Way!!

So, I read my horoscope each morning on my internet home page. This morning it says:

Exercise could be on your mind -- spring is almost here, after all -- and your head is in the right space to get started on a new fitness routine. You should be able to make it stick long enough to count.

Um, not!! It seems every time I start an exercise regime, which consists of walking (usually on the treadmill) I wind up with something painful that debilitates me. A few years ago, I had a pain in my hip area, but I kept walking, pushing through the pain, and eventually wound up with bursitis that literally kept me in my chair for a week. I couldn't walk. Last year I tried walking on my treadmill and a pain shot through my foot which prevented me from doing any serious exercise walking for several months. Two months ago, I started walking on my treadmill again. Yep, pain in my foot. I tried to ignore it until I reached the point that I was limping so badly I could barely walk up our steps. Sigh. Finally, I went to the doctor and had an x-ray. Diagnosis...arthritis and bunion. So, what's a gal to do?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: