Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Dean Koontz - Breathless

I love to read. In fact, if I buy one more book I'm liable to suffocate myself and my hubby. But, I can't resist a new release from my favorite authors.

I purchased the latest Dean Koontz book, Breathless, on Friday. I tried, really tried, to savor it...to make it last. But, I had to keep turning the pages until I got to the end. The end is always depressing for me when I adore the story. I want it to go on and on. Such was the case with Breathless.

The book was so good. A bit paranormal, hard to believe, yet very believable. I fell in love with Puzzle and Riddle, and could imagine them actually being. Koontz depicted a psycho schizophrenic personality with vivid detail. Chilling, to say the least. With a lot of characters to keep up with, I worried that I might have a problem, but Koontz pulled it all off perfectly, and tied up all the loose ends. There were places where Koontz allowed his fantastic command of language to flow. Amazing to say the least! He is a master word weaver.

Overall, I LOVED the book, but for those who are not Koontz fans, you probably will not have such a positive reaction. Of course, I dont' see why everyone doesn't love all Dean Koontz books!

No comments: