Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Half Full or Half Empty?

Which way do you see your glass?

I know people who always see their glass as half empty. In fact, I was once married to one.

If you hang around someone who is always looking at their glass as getting emptier by the minute, you will find yourself being pulled down into the negative spiral. These people can suck the energy from you. Especially, if like me, you are trying to get these people to see the positive rather than the negative. They will always have an answer as to why they are right and you are wrong.

I'm not saying that we all are always happy. However, we make our own happiness. A smile can work wonders. Smiling uses a lot of muscles...and don't worry about those laugh lines. Frowning can cause uglier lines than smiling.

When I worked my day job, people were always commenting on my smile. I didn't even realize how much I smiled, but it seemed to draw positive people to me. I like to laugh. I like to smile. I like to be happy. I don't like to be unhappy.

How about you?

No comments: