Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Heart is Full of Spring

I had a wonderful day yesterday. Now that the weather is warming up, I can spend time on our screened in deck. Our lilac bushes are loaded with flowers and the smell is divine, wafting across the breeze and through the screens. Our feral cats are so well fed that they didn't bother the fat robin pecking in the grass. In the birdhouse, a tiny little chicadee kept busy building a nest. Soon we'll have lots of little baby birds. I love it when they stick their heads out and cry when mommy bird brings food.

Since hubby can't cut the grass any longer, I really don't like having to depend on others to do it for us. My son-in-law is wonderful about coming over and cutting it for us, but he works so hard, then does his grass on Saturday and geesh, I don't like him having to do ours the following day. The problem I have is that I can't handle the Lawn Boy Self-Propelled mower. It is too heavy and I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I told hubby I would be able to cut the grass if I had an electric mower. So, we searched and found a great bargain at Lowe's. We purchased a "demo" model which usually sells for $239 for $189. Yay!! It's a pretty deluxe model. Even hubby was impressed. So, now I can't wait to see if I can actually pull off what I said I could...cut the grass. I figure it will be good exercise for me. That's something I sure can use!

Isn't it nice to be thinking of outdoor things? I'm so glad the long winter is over.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: