Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Newly Opened Rainy Day Door

Thought for the day:  When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. ~~Alexander Graham Bell

I had planned to mow the lawn today. But when I awoke I found no sunshine...only rain.

Today is a perfect day for writing. The sky is overcast, making the landscape dark and dreary. Rain is falling, nourishing the flowers, bushes, trees, and grass...um, and weeds.

Although I heard thunder earlier, now it appears this is just going to be a nice rainy day.

So, I plan to fire up the laptop and get lost in writing today. The weather is perfect for getting into my heroine Amy's state of mind.

When I started writing this novel, Amy didn't have a child. Around page 62, I decided the plot would work much better if I added in this extra layer of conflict. So, I've edited the pages, adding in her little girl, Megan. The only problem is, I already have another little girl in the story. Jenny is two years older than Megan. Keeping both of the girls active in the scenes is proving to be a real challenge. But, I'm looking forward to making it work. My goal is to write a new chapter today. Why not? If I go outside, I just might melt!!

I'm not going to look back at the closed door, but walk boldly through the newly opened one.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: