Monday, May 31, 2010

Some Gave All

I'm thinking: The lawn and flowers are grateful for the rainy day.

What I'm Reading: Cup of Joe, by Teri Wilson

Picture for the Day:



Thank you to all the brave men and women who served and are now serving in the military. Because of you, I can sit at my computer and be proud to honor you. Without all of you, my life might have been totally different. God bless you!

My father was killed in World War II when I was just a baby. I never had the chance to meet him except through letters he wrote, which my mother gave me a few years ago. The picture above is of the man she later married, who became my father when I was seven years old.

My husband served in the military, as well as my brother, my step-son and my grandson. Today is a day to honor the brave men and women who committed to give their lives to protect ours. Some gave all.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: