Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Stepping Back Into The Past

Word for the Day: Burdened

What I'm Reading: Cup of Joe by Teri Wilson

Picture of the Day:


Today I'm feeling burdened. I have this tendency to take on way too many projects and then stress about not keeping up. I agreed to start doing the Sunday bulletin for our church beginning this week, and I also signed up for two online classes. Add judging for a writing contest. Eeek!!! Why do I do this to myself?

I snapped the picture above a few years ago when my hubby and I visited a writing friend who had an old cabin built on her property in the woods. Her husband built the cabin using wood from his grandfather's barn. Inside, she has many antiques which replicate the kind of cabin my great grandmother might have lived in. My hubby and I actually spent the night in the cabin. No running water. No electricity. What an experience! We slept in the Jenny Lind bed pictured above. I decided to include a few more pictures below.




I wish I wrote historicals, because this experience sure brought history to life for me.

Thanks for visiting!


No comments: